life health prosperity

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Morning Sickness . . .

afternoon sickness, evening sickness, not even sure why they give it a time frame. How about "The First Trimester Any Time of Day Pukin' Ritual". I HATE throwing up! Oh well, as a friend reminded me yesterday, this too shall pass. I'm just really praying that it passes before the mentioned "8 more weeks".

Another new and dear friend gave me a very helpful tip . . . ginger. Crystallized ginger to be exact. I didn't know it was promoted as a "travel buddy" for motion sickness and nausea. So I got online and found these. . . http://www.gingerpeople.com/gin-gin-candies/gin-gins-boost-ultra-strength-ginger-candy.html and they have helped already. Also I love the natural ginger-ale from Whole Foods, and that's helping as well. Any other suggestions for nausea and indigestion are welcome. That's the other thing - that doesn't help with the nausea, is I'm burping from the moment I get up til I go to sleep at night. Get's really old.

Well, gonna be looking get an appointment with the OB doc soon. I was thinking of waiting til 9 weeks so I'd be sure to hear the heartbeat, but we'll see. - Jan 20th, 2009
********************************************************************

Well, I waited to long to get this posted and other events have transpired. The last week of January I started spotting. When I called the doctor's office, they immediately told me to head to the ER. So that Thursday evening, I spent about 4 hours in the emergency room having blood work and ultrasounds done to see if everything was ok. I even got to see the little peanut and hear it's heartbeat. According to the ultrasound, it put me at 8 wks 3 days. The due date it estimated at, ready for this . . . Labor Day, September 7th. Too Funny!

Well, I got bedrest over the rest of the weekend, and then was told to see my regular OB pronto. He said that everything looked fine, and that the placenta probably just attached low on my uterus. As the uterus stretched and grew, it pulled and maybe broken some blood vessels, etc. I'm doing fine now. Except for the nausea, queasiness, and falling asleep at odd hours, that is. :)

I'm to see my doc, Dr. Duhart, on February 28th, and hopefully my DH will get to hear the heartbeat at that time, since no one was in the ER ultrasound room with me except the tech.
Well, til later . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lullabyes and Music for Peanut


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones