life health prosperity

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pics Requested



Some people :) have been after me to post some pics of the baby bump. Well, Josh took a few for me just the other day. Here they are - be kind.




Also, this week will be my final in depth ultrasound. Friday, I'm hoping, the tech with give me her estimate on how big the baby will be and let me know that Bella is growing just fine. Thursday I have yet another NST monitoring.

It's getting very very uncomfortable to lay on my back. It makes my breathing hard, and hurts my shoulders as well as putting pressure on my stomach. Weird, but true. Then again, now when I lay on my side, it's putting pressure on my shoulders and pushing things out of place, so that my arms and hands tingle. Guess I'll see if the recliner does better, maybe =)

I told Rob last night that I had a real honest picture of one of the differences between this pregnancy and the one 13+ years ago with Joshua. With Josh, I gained *cough* 50+ lbs - YIKES! This one I have gained less than half that, and I've very grateful. A real shocker came yesterday. When I was pregnant with Josh - in the 7th month or so, we had been measuring with a tape around my belly to keep tabs on progress. Well that was the last time I measured while pregnant with Josh - when the tape measured 60", I stopped. There was no way I was going to write on our chart that I had gotten bigger AROUND than I was tall. No way - no how. Yesterday I decided, 'Oh, why not' and got out the tape to see where I was - with only 4 weeks to go. I measured 46". "WHOA - that has to be wrong," I thought. So I measured a total of 3 different times, each coming up the same. YES! It was so nice to see that although Isabella is growing and keeping right in line with 'average', I didn't have to gain enough weight and size to qualify as a linebacker to make that happen.

Anyway, being new to this blogging stuff, sometimes I feel like I'm just babbling. So forgive me and have patience. I'll learn.

Today I am working on the nursery. I torn down all the old wallpaper border this weekend, and am currently waiting for the spackle to dry on all the little indents and holes in the walls. Hoping to get the walls and trim primed before DH gets home. Planning on painting it a nice light, but sunny yellow. Accenting it with all the pastels: lavender, blue, green, pink, etc.

Btw - the last ultrasound showed that Bella had indeed flipped once again. She is currently head down, and I'm hoping she stays there. A week ago last Wednesday, I literally felt her flip and new by that Friday's NST that she was going to be head up. Yep, right under my right ribs. Let's hope she stays head down this time, cause I really really don't want too more complete flips, as big as she's getting. :)

~ Heather & Bella

2 comments:

Lullabyes and Music for Peanut


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones