life health prosperity

Monday, March 16, 2009

Farewell . . .

I do not like writing this post. I am very much saddened by the departure of a wonderful man. I learned last night that my own physician, Dr. Fred Duhart, had suddenly and without prior illness past away this weekend. He was the only doctor in the area supporting and actively involved in homebirths. He was a truly compassionate, intelligent, skilled, and gentle man, and he will be deeply missed in the surrounding communities.

Now, my family and I have to decide where we will go from here. Seek out a midwife, doctor, or birth center? I can only pray for wisdom right now, as I really am at a loss and rather in shock at the suddenness of it all.

Bye for now, and farewell Dr. Duhart. You were a blessing to many families and the gentle hands that brought over 5,000 babies into this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lullabyes and Music for Peanut


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones