life health prosperity

Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Doctor

Yesterday, I went to the office of Dr. Lora Lindsey, in St. Peters, MO. to see if she was the doctor for us. I actually met with Valery, who is a CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife). She was very nice and took the time to answer my whole list of questions.

One of the answers I wasn't thrilled with, but my husband already knew(guessed). ;-) This delivery could take just as long as my first, since it will have been 3 months shy of 14 years since Josh was born. OUCH! But I take solace in the fact that she did say every woman was different and this could go much smoother than Josh. Which for me would be "WOW, he's here?!?" lol - since I didn't feel actual pain with Josh. I was just uncomfortable and tired! The only things that actually caused me pain - were the stupid belt that held the contraction monitor (felt like it was cutting me in half) and the stitches/anesthetic from my very small tear.

Yes, those that know me or have read the rest of my blog already, know that I was set on having a home birth. I still would, if there was a CPM (Certified Professional Midwife) close enough to me or if Dr Duhart were still here. I feel now though that I have found a doctor who will be willing to let me labor naturally and, although I'll be at a hospital, will allow me the peace and quiet to feel this is NOT a medical procedure, but an occurrence that has happened since Creation. I know the Lord is watching out for us and will give us wisdom and health to get through the months and years to come.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lullabyes and Music for Peanut


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones